Greek Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
One of my favorite parts of summer time is all the good food I get to eat. From cookouts to summer vacays, I'm always trying new foods and revisiting my summer favorites. Ever since I started eating meat again, I've enjoyed summer food even more because I can eat turkey burgers LOL. I love a good summer salad and this summer I've eaten a salad for lunch almost every week. Greek salad is one of my favorite salads because it's jam packed with delicious veggies and flavor! I typically make it with some grilled chicken and a red wine vinaigrette like below:
prep time: 10 minutes | cook time: 10 minutes | total: 20 minutes
- Romaine lettuce (1 head or bag)
- feta cheese (1 cup)
- sliced black olives (one 6 oz can)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- cherry tomatoes (1 cup halved)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 a jar of banana peppers
- 1 1/2-2 lbs of chicken breasts
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- basil leaves or oregano (depending on your preference)
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- black pepper
1. Mix the ingredients for the salad together. Set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and whisk together. Set aside.
3. Spray a medium sized pan with olive oil and put on medium heat. Season chicken with the onion powder, garlic powder, basil or oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for a 15 minutes.
4. Put the chicken over your salad and top it with the vinaigrette or store it in the fridge for lunch like I did below:
I hope you all enjoy this salad as much as I do! Let me know what you think of the salad and please send me your favorite summer salad recipes!